Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chop chop

Have you ever just needed a change? Reached a sudden realization that you were in a rut? That was me. I've been growing increasingly irritated by how long it takes to do my hair here (long, thick hair + 90% humidity + natural curl on half of my hair = usually damp and/or frizzy locks) and found that I'd pull it up in that sloppy mom-ponytail every single day - after letting it air dry for 2-3 hours that is. Gross. Even if it was really pretty on the days when I would take the time and it would cooperate.



So, it got the chop.

Ignore that the middle pic makes me look like a bobble head doll.

What do you think?

I'm not so sure yet, but it does take only 1/4 the amount of time to dry which is a gold medal in my book. To quote a friend when she took the plunge and went short "I look like a mom." But I'm a mom without a sloppy ponytail who can't wait to show off some really fantastic earrings...

5 comments:

  1. OMG. I love it! It's soooo cute! I did the same thing a few years ago, but I ended up spending MORE time on my hair when it was short because I had to straighten it all the time which took forever. Now I just let it go whichever way it wants to. Not always glamorous, but a lot less work. If I looked like you with short hair, I'd never grow it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!... it makes me unsure about growing mine out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it and I have issues with calling it mom hair because I've worn my hair short since I was 12! My hair is unusually long for me right now and your cute pics make me want to go chop mine off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!