Thursday, November 24, 2011

50 Things I am Thankful for v.2011

Those who knew me in my previous life, may remember that each year at Thanksgiving I blog a list of what I am thankful for that year. 50 things actually, some of which I find remain quite constant throughout the years. This is merely a beginning as I have so very many things to be thankful for.

This year especially.

I didn't know one year ago that my life would take the turns it has. 2011 has brought more dramatic changes than pretty much any other year of my life but they have all been welcome and even sought after. My list this year reflects those changes. Some are silly, some are serious, but all have contributed in some way to my joy this year.

In case you are curious, you can see previous years here: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. 

  1. The seemingly endless crimson autumn leaves in the Pacific Northwest.
  2. Neighborhood clothing swaps that give new life to one's wardrobe.
  3. Time to indulge in creative endeavors. 
  4. The most amazing husband who ever lived. 
  5. Looking into the laughing eyes of my precious baby girl. 
  6. Adding another precious angel into my family and expanding the definition of my role as mother. 
  7. Hot glue guns.
  8. Peacock feathers. 
  9. Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate. 
  10. Tide pools and freezing cold waves. 
  11. The increasingly rare moments when sunlight floods in our bedroom window. 
  12. A realtor who works his derriere off on my behalf.
  13. Surprise job opportunities that surface as answers to unspoken prayers. 
  14. High thread count sheets and new bedding. 
  15. Personal spirituality. 
  16. Building amazing friendships in a staggeringly short period of time. 
  17. Glorious Silpats, which take my baking to a new level of enjoyment. (Thanks, Debbi!)
  18. Dishwashers - which I have learned to appreciate anew due to our lack of one. 
  19. The wealthy whatever percent who spend their money when the rest of us don't have any - creating numerous jobs and sustaining our economy.
  20. My cordless drill, which has found it's way into projects despite living in an apartment. 
  21. Squirt riding her bike.
  22. Crazy critter shapes in clouds. 
  23. Warm socks with no holes in the bottom. 
  24. Health insurance.
  25. Amazon.com free shipping. 
  26. Pinterest (There, I admit it).
  27. Giant, warm bear hugs. 
  28. Perfecting the art of buttery dinner rolls. 
  29. Morning runs that allow me to indulge in the illusion of control.
  30. The Eugene Saturday Market with the smell of freshly roasted chillies, bakery treats, shallots the size of a small human head, tomatoes to die for and sweet Walla Walla onions.
  31. Fun, dangly earrings. 
  32. Being friends with endlessly creative people who inspire me to trust my own ideas while also filling me with awe at theirs. 
  33. University sporting events - as much as I never thought I'd say that. 
  34. The way my spirit of wanderlust and His Hotness's sense of planning and analyzing work together to create lives filled with adventure. 
  35. Daydreams.
  36. The Kitchen Aid mixer. Enabling lives for the better since whenever the blessed thing was invented. 
  37. Mommy-bloggers who aren't afraid to share their heart and soul, so the rest of us feel like we aren't completely crazy or alone in this business of raising little people. 
  38. Ferry rides.
  39. The National Park Service. 
  40. Being able to take 42,000 pictures on a digital camera in search of the one that turns out just right.
  41. Eternal families. 
  42. An able body and mind, capable of acquiring knowledge and gaining skills in proportion to my willingness to try.
  43. Public education - a privilege, not a right. 
  44. Reliable transportation.
  45. Bridges with tons of brightly painted support lines. 
  46. The absolute blast of flavor imparted by a sprinkling of fresh thyme, rosemary, or basil.
  47. Bon Appetit magazine. 
  48. Purple nail polish. 
  49. Lindt Intense Orange chocolate bars - my new favorite. 
  50. Loving the life I live and making the choices to be certain that it stays that way. 
Happy Thanksgiving!
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I read number 30 to my husband, who looked at me with big eyes and said, "We might have to go visit."

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!