Friday, September 16, 2011

Blossoms

Earlier this summer our girls planted flowers. It was such a fun day. We had a girls night sleepover and then just hung out and played while boys were working. Yes, it was totally awesome.

We had intended to send Little Squirt's flower pot to Cali with her, but somehow amidst the chaos of this summer it was missed. It's OK, we've nurtured it ever since. Only, no one waters them while we're out of town (honeymoon...) and a change in climate has been interesting. Needless to say, they haven't grown as quickly as I'd hoped when we planted them and there were moments I wondered if we would be able to keep them alive. Success!We now have blossoms.




They add such a cheerful feel to our little home. I love to see each of their personalities reflected on their little pots. I think we should do this every year so that when I am old there is a collection of child painted flower pots laying around. I will look at them and smile, remembering all the laughs we have had.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!