Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chewy goodness

Last summer at our favorite store ever there was a baking mix for sale that piqued my interest. Not one to use a mix unless I have to, the idea was filed to the back of my mind where I hoped I'd remember it for some future purpose. His Hotness had an appointment to go home teaching today and one of the family members had a birthday - so treats were definitely in order. Add to it that Squirt is sick in a needs-no-attention-whatsoever kind of way and I was happy to fill my time baking.

The idea is simple, but the results are amazing.

Mix up your favorite brownie batter (I used this one) then mix up some chocolate chip cookie batter (I used this one). Place one scoop of brownie batter in the bottom of well greased standard muffin cups and top with one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Of course the time is approximate for the recipes you use and the way your oven bakes. As always when brownies or cookies are involved, aim to err on the side of a bit underdone rather than overdone. 
When they are done, place the muffin pan on a cooling rack until cool. Using a plastic spoon gently remove the Crownies (Browkies?) and try very hard to not eat them all immediately.

I would love to tell you how many this yields, but I have no clue. I mixed up one batch of the brownie batter and 1/2 batch of the cookie batter. I made 12 standard muffin cup Crownies, 20 mini-muffin brownie bites, and ate the rest of the cookie dough straight from the bowl. A yield I am completely content with.

Poor Squirt is sick enough that when I offered her one she said she was too sick for chocolate... I can't say that I have ever experienced that! His Hotness and I definitely approve. 

2 comments:

  1. heaven. HEAVEN!
    For the first time in my life I'm thankful you don't live near me... I gain a pound just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! Definitely going to have to give that a try. Hmmm, if I could somehow work peanut butter and carmel into the mix too... maybe some ice cream to top it off...

    ReplyDelete

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!