Friday, January 9, 2015

Tate the Great Turns One

I confess, it was not my favorite day. At least, it wasn't my favorite day until cake time. I'm such a sappy sentimental person and I love to over dream and stress myself out trying to make things perfect. For numerous reason I left this day simple, the least of which was survival. I just have so many things to juggle in my brain right now and didn't have energy left to dedicate to the crafty things I wanted for his birthday. There was no little banner to hang from his chair, no photo backdrop, no sparkly twinkle twinkle little star garland, and no party hat. I felt like a failure of a mother.

I made a new recipe and didn't get the layers split as evenly as I hoped. The cake was overdone and the icing didn't set the way I thought it was supposed to. The first set of star picks somehow vanished and it felt really hurried. Disappointment was rampant.



I didn't know what to expect, and then he tasted the frosting...


That was it. I was giddy and excited and all the worry about what didn't happen faded to the background.



Gosh I love this little face.


I think it's safe to say he liked it. Happy Birthday, little buddy! What an awesome year it has been.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!