Thursday, February 28, 2013

Skating for the Presidents

President's Day we decided to team up with our awesome-not-allowed-to-move-when-they-graduate upstairs neighbors* and go roller skating. All the kids have their own rollerblades and like this sort of thing. I don't know why we don't do this sort of thing more often.   You know, I love that the pictures are grainy and ill-lit. It just screams "roller skating rink" don't you think?



Aeryn and Joel skated hand in hand for the majority of the time we were there (about an hour and a half). That boy skates better than any five year old I've seen.


There's the group of them! Karen is a rock star and would kick my trash at a roller derby try out. It's no wonder her kids are good on skates! Though I suspect the fact that Gomez-babies have no fear contributes to that as well.


This boy cracks me up. He really wanted to wear Aeryn's wolf hat but she kept it on for the whole time even though she was completely burning up.


Darion is all boy. He is a rough and tumble, high energy, goofy little future stud.


I'd say Aeryn had a great time. She loved having the boys to hang out with and getting to go skating too. She chose to wear skates instead of her blades and this is the first time she's been able to skate well on them. Having Joel to take care of was perhaps her favorite thing. She just loves all the little people we have around us.


Proof that I was there, you'll just have to take my word for it that I skated!

At one point, Karen said to me "There is just something about a middle-aged man trick skating to Vanilla Ice" and completely summed up why roller skating rinks are awesome. The eternal twelve year old in me was ecstatic.

*Fine. They can move. I really do want everyone to have happy, successful, employed lives when they graduate, I'm just a little saddened that we aren't necessarily all moving to the same place to have houses up the street from one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!