Wednesday, July 6, 2011

FHE at last

We've been slackers. It could be the whole 87-thousand-million-billion things going on this summer, but we've been really lazy with FHE. You can argue that we aren't actually married yet which means we aren't actually a whole family yet and we don't live in the same house or anything so it's reasonable that it's difficult to accomplish, but still, we're trying to start out on a good foot.

Tonight's FHE topic was temples and families. A personal favorite topic of mine (especially lately). After talking about temples, singing about temples, and looking at pictures of temples, we built our own. Now, I recognize that the colors are not true to life - but the imaginative spirit was fantabulous.


Aeryn's creation reminded me slightly of Balanced Rock. She spent a lot of time on the landscaping. In case you've never seen it, temple landscaping is remarkable and we often go and talk about all the different flowers we see. I have a love/hate relationship with this picture. She's just getting so ridiculously big and once in a while that fact hits me like a rock. A big one. A clearly no longer balanced one.


Ellie was being pretending to be bashful. I seriously love this picture. Like, totally. It just gets to me how you can tell by her one little eye how big she's smiling back there. Nothing is sweeter than happy children.


The two girls with their finished play-doh temples. They had a blast with this. In case I haven't said it lately, I really love my family. They make my heart so full it's about to burst, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!