Saturday, November 1, 2014

Ellie Turns Eight - The Baptism Edition

What a lovely day it was. Ellie is so lucky to have such a large family and circle of friends who all band together to support her. She stayed with us the night before, after the birthday party, and then we got everyone ready and headed to the church Saturday morning. I'd planned a small reception after the baptism so friends and family would be able to linger, and because the only thing Ellie had said she wanted for her birthday was cake pops it seemed fitting to serve cake pops following the service.

Jim was able to baptize her and I know it was a beautiful moment for him. It was absolutely palpable. I'm not sure there were many dry eyes in the room as everyone who spoke or participated in any way was incredibly gracious and expressed such love for Ellie.


Many thanks to my FIL for the photos. I didn't even take a camera to the church, which is not like me at all.


Since the night before was occupied with party stuff, the morning of the baptism ended up being a little busier than I had meant for it to be. I'd waited until morning to make the cake pops and it ended up consuming the better part of the morning. I made two batches of vanilla and two batches of red velvet, because Ellie LOVES red velvet cake. Aunt Kristi was kind enough to agree to do Ellie's hair and it turned out so darling in these pretty french braids.


Ellie has been so excited for her two brothers to meet. Here she is holding Roque while Aeryn holds Tate.


The group family shot is pretty remarkable to me. Having lived through two divorces (mine and my parents) and seeing first hand the chaos that unresolved emotions can cause, I am amazed that this group of people was able to put themselves last and focus on Ellie and the significance of the day, treating each other with kindness and respect. It's a beautiful thing.


She looked so beautiful in her fancy white dress, and she was just so very happy. I'm so grateful to have been a part of this day in her young life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!