A few things are evident:
- she still has no idea to wait and let the camera focus before pressing the button all the way (I've tried to help her, but all I get is an "I know, mom."
- she loves to change the setting to "pets" because of the little dog image that shows in the screen corner even if the pictures turn out crummy
- she is not camera shy, as evidenced by the 300 blurry self-portraits I found
- I can approximate the date pictures were taken by the way she captures her obsessions-of-the-moment
- she loves that it can take video and makes/narrates her own movies
- giving her the camera was the right thing to do, even if the images are less than stellar, simply because of the fun she has with it.