Sunday, September 25, 2016

Indianapolis

One great thing about moving to the Midwest is that we are close to many cities/states/parks/places that we have never been to. This is going to give Aeryn and Jim a chance to add many new places to their state capitol visits! For Labor Day we spent the day in Indy and stopped by the capitol to add one to their list. 


We got there early in the day and the sun was already crazy intense. There wasn't much free parking available - or so we thought - so we quite literally parked on the side of the road at an intersection so Jim and Aeryn could hop out and I could snap a pic. I was standing in the middle of the road while the car was idling in park, so a sense of haste trumped artful aesthetic in the photo department. Although, that's sort of my life lately.


I haven't even taken the time to straighten the pics, which bugs me to no end, and more so now that I have pointed it out.


I really, really, want to claim this guy Oliver P. Morton was connected to Morton salt, but he wasn't, at least not directly.


The capitol square was rather nice, with interesting architecture and cafes. I'm sure at some point we will make it there again to explore further.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!