Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Daffodil Festival that Wasn't

This past weekend Junction City had a daffodil festival. I was super excited because they are my favorite flowers, but it just wasn't in the cards. Today the kids and I went for a drive to see if there were any flowers still visible. It was then I realized that I misread all the Facebook promotions. In my mind I pictured fields of even rows laden with yellow blossoms. Then I read the description again and found that it was just a celebration of all the daffodils that sprout in random locations around the roadways. The festival was to celebrate the little bursts of happiness blooming around town.


This was the first time I've left the house by myself with all four kids. It was no joke, I tell you what. Honestly, I am so grateful that the older girls can be so helpful. Now we are just working on having the same definition of the word "help."


I had toyed with telling them all to dress in some coordinated way and then decided to pick my battles and not worry about it. I didn't realize until I saved the pics to the computer that the oldest three are all wearing UO gear. Winning!

 
Tate has yet to understand what it means when I want him to look at the camera... and I think it's just the cutest thing ever. Real life is awesome.


Don't look too closely or you'll see that "real life" includes icing from the chocolate donut daddy bought the little guy for breakfast hours earlier.


A part of me was disappointed that there weren't any large fields of flowers like I'd imagined, but it turned out to be a great morning. The kids were funny running around and since they are not formally groomed flower beds or private property it was less critical when the flowers would get picked. The poor things were browning and bruised before we got home but we have a vase of sunshine on our table and I successfully convinced them that daffodils are the best flower ever. Brainwashing complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OOOH oooh!! We love comments!!!